Friday, August 12, 2011

On August 7, 2011 a snippet from the Gospel was:

Matthew 14 : 29-31
He said, “Come.”
Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus.
But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened;
and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”
Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught Peter,
and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

This gospel has reminded me how God had called my family to adoption and how during that entire adventure we needed to fix our eyes on Jesus and not look away.  Looking away would cause fear and doubt, things never given to us by God.


During that entire trip God graced me with the strength to stay focused on him.  Things just didn't bother me too much.  The plane that needed to be towed back in Wuhan before we embarked to Guangzhou due to some issue it had and then we flew it in it moments later didn't bother me.  Faith's Visa having the wrong date on it and getting the corrected one at the last minute wasn't too bad, I knew we would deal with it.  Having to sweat it out in the heat of Guangzhou wasn't to worrisome.  Having Faith glue herself to me and avoid Allison wasn't that bad.  These are things that, without God being my focus, would have sent me into a tailspin.


I need a reminder of that now.  My faith (no, not my daughter Faith, my religious faith) needs a recharge, it has been slipping.  God/Jesus hasn't been my focus of late.  I've kind of been taking them for granted.  I need to get back into focus, avoid the evil that bombards me daily and turn to the good that is Jesus Christ.  In prayer, in my thoughts, in my actions, in my words.


I'm hoping that this blog will help me to do that, to focus more on my Faith as I write about it and analyze why I am Catholic and what it means to me.  

2 comments: